Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One good reason to take stock

Life round this way has been altogether brambly lately, scattered with patches of fleeting sweetness; rather like the weather. Here’s the weigh-in.

Wave ‘em like you just don’t care:

1.
I was able to make a doctor’s appointment this morning, which makes a welcome relief because a) that never happens, and b) he’s not a terrorist, apparently the hobby of choice for some of his colleagues in the NHS. What happened to a civilised 9 holes?

2.
Tequila shots and dancing.

3.
My sweet soon-to-be-ex-housemate’s packed lunch waiting in the fridge for me yesterday morning.

4.
A surprise afternoon in the pub, two old friends and two new ones, four bottles of wine, and a conversation that spanned marital compatibility, Chlamydia, the taking of lovers, and Argentinian buffalo hunting. Rrrow.

Oh no you di-n’t:

1.
Grown-up decisions that make me feel as though my heart is capsizing.

2.
John Howard’s Draconian new approach to child ‘protection’ in Australia’s Aboriginal communities, as discovered in Germaine Greer’s article in today’s Guardian.

3.
How little I understand about the complexities and history of the first inhabitants of the place I still think of as my country.

4.
A one-day summer. Oh, just fuck off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home